Message to the JSL Community Regarding Summer Swim Season
June 10, 2021
Dear JSL Community,
On June 6, the JSL board voted to implement the following plan for the 2021 summer swim season:
- There is no change to the 6 meet 'split schedule'. The JSL will hold regular competition using a 6 week schedule, but the meets will be split by age group to comply with state/county social distance regulations. As a result, each team will compete in 3 total meets in 2021, with 1/2 of a meet being swum each week. Meets will begin the week of June 14th, starting with the 11-over age group. The following week will be 7-10 year olds.
- Every family must sign a COVID Liability waiver form for the season and turn in to their teams. Contact your team representative or coach if you do not have a form.
- The JSL will not mandate any additional distancing or capacity restrictions, however individual pools might have restrictions for swimmers and parents to follow.
- Meets will not be scored (no ‘team’ competition). Swimmers will still get times, placings, and awards.
- A one-day Championship Meet will be held for 13-over swimmers on the weekend of July 30/31 (exact day and location to be determined).
- A committee was formed to look into the feasibility of holding a separate 12-under Championship event. If deemed possible, information will be provided to team representatives and coaches.
We are excited to see everyone at the pools this season!
The JSL Executive Committee
Christina Meyer (ACAC), President
Paul Breza (ACAC), Vice-President
Kristin Wray (FCC), Secretary
Jeff North, Treasurer
Chuck Fix (LMST), Past-President